Sometimes Porkchop Can Be Nice


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



When it comes to confronting people about how they screwed ME over, I am rather recalcatrent. But I had serious older sister ready to come remove the heads of people I worked with, so I knew I had to do something before SHE did something. The lesser of two evils.


So. She made me a little speech, and I practiced it all weekend. And I still called her Monday morning to refresh my memory. And I repeated it over and over on my way to work. I got there early and sat at my desk giving myself a pep talk . It wasn't so much the confronting him, it was the fact I didn't want to piss him off, because if I did, I knew the cooperation would be nil from there on out, and I really need him cooperation to sell cars and make money. I finially mustered up the courage and quietly walked into his office and simply said:

"Boss, I would like to keep our relationship strictly professional. And my relationship with everyone else I work with professional. Recently, there have been comments made to my face and behind my back that were completely inappropriate and made me very uncomfortable. Specifically, the pen comment."

He apoligizes.

"I would not like to minimize those sort of comments, I would like to completely eliminate it."

He apoligizes again.

"And I would hate to the the person who, in the first two weeks, brings a sexual harassment lawsuit against you all. Ok?"

He agrees.

And I walked out.

And except for being eye-raped by a few customers and a few fellow employees, all was well. But comments have been completely eliminated. And I am totally kicking their little skeezy butts in sales.

Because I am Porkchop, and that's how I rock and roll.



Actually, it's more like: I am Porkchop and I have a legion of people looking out for me who like to kick ass.


0 Responses to “Sometimes Porkchop Can Be Nice”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3