Of Marines and Farmers


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I changed my user name from MarineChic to FarmBarbie, but for some reason it didn't change my address. I am rather distraught, because my MarineChic days are definately over. Don't even get me started...

Speaking of Marines, just in case anyone wants a update, we are currently in peace talk negotiations as far as civil behavior is concerned. I am personally not worried about anything past that. Actually, if it were up to me, I would tell him never to come to my house again and leave me alone. But that wouldn't be very nice, and my sisters would most likely be slightly annoyed. Not that anyone would CARE if Jared hated us, but if the whole Nelson family didn't like us, they couldn't work out. And for that they would kill me.

Zeke is the sweetest, most understanding, patient, incredibley likeable, and generally amazing person, ever! I cannot even begin to describe what a wonderful person he is, not only does he treat me like a princess, but he actually, genuinely loves my family. Not because he has to, not because he needs to, but because he wants to. Because he thinks they are the coolest family ever. I never thought there would be a guy out there who was everything that I dreamed of. Just for the record, I kept a private blog with everything I wanted in Mr. Right and he fits everything and then some. The best thing is we just have FUN together, he makes me laugh so hard, and we can do anything and it's a blast. It's not like we have to entertain ourselves, we can just talk and talk and talk... and have a really great time. There are a thousand little things that make him such a great person, but I think I'll save the rest for my journal.


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3