Modeling School


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This is the story of a very sad little girl whose illusions were crushed. There once was a little girl, a plump little girl with dimpled knees and green eyes, who happened to have a sister without dimpled knees and blue eyes.

These two sisters did everything together, including four months of grueling modeling school. Grueling not because it was hard, but grueling because it was so freaking boring. Well, at the end of modeling school, these sisters were invited to be instructors.

Hooray! They thought. We will prevent similar experiences from ours, and make it fun, and make it a learing experience! With great excitement they traveled up to modeling school, only at the end of the hour and a half of intruction to draw the conclusion that there are actually stupid people in this world. You see, the one sister had this theory that there were no un-intelligent people, just people to lazy to apply themselves.

But modeling school helped this sister realize there are actually beautiful people out there with a lack of grey matter. Who cannot complete a sentance, or have a origional creative thought. Very sad. The sisters almost cried purple peanut butter tears. The End

I think one of the great tragedies of society is fast food. Not only is it bad for you, but the stereotype surroudning fast foood workers is that they are people too stupid, lazy or otherwise lacking to find a better job. When, in reality it is often quite the opposite. But the truely tragic thing is that the people who give the rest of us fast food workers a bad name are the "educated" people. Take for example my manager.

My manager is a 23 year old graduate of our local ghetto college, she has a four year degree in business management, and is managing a fast food restaurant. Part of her problem is she is so fat she cannot manuver efficiently. You have to move yourself around her, or she will steamroll over you. One would think, with a four year degree she would be able to do better than that, but take today's lack of compitence to explain just why she works in fast food. In the middle of rush hour, she walks away from the front to talk to her boyfriend on the phone. The back manager who is in cahoots with her, came up front to "take her place" only to leave the back a swirling mess of unfilled orders. Well, when she came back, instead of apoligizing for her absence, or just jumping in. She starts huffing and puffing and cussing because "her orders were messed up." I was floored.

I just don't understand people sometimes... and maybe that's a good thing.

I have all sorts of other lovely conclusions and thoughts I should blog but Joy needs me to be productive.


0 Responses to “Modeling School”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3