Sigh


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I feel like I should be writing "Dear Diary, everyone hates me and I don't know why..."

Instead, I will puzzle my thoughts aloud onto my blog.

First of all, I know I haven't been the easiest person in the world to live with the past few days, but I have been trying! I try to avoid people when I am in a foul modd to avoid the "What the heck is your problem?" converestions and questions.

Dad seems to have a unusual amount of consternation about my social life, which as a father, I can understand his concern. But when he probes for things, I usually know what he is looking for, but this time I honestly do not know what he is looking for. Sometimes, I think it is the exaggerations and worries of older sisters that give way to allot of his concerns.

He mentioned that he has cautions about me being at the Nelson's which I can fully understand, but what he does not, nor do Laura and Joy understand is that I get so bored and lonely. Doing stuff with the family is great, I love it at times! But it isn't the same as doing stuff with people your age, or just hanging out. And everyone in the family is so busy now anyway.

Laura is busy with work, Kate and Jared. Joy is overwhelmed with pageants, Matt, landlording and school. Teresa has school starting up as well as a zillion other things, and Dad is equally busy.

I know he is worried about me that I might be doing less than savory activites, but I'm not! I swear! I just like being around people, and there seems to be a severe shortage of those.

Besides, once school starts I am sure I am not going to have time to do anything anyway. ANYTHING. I was just trying to do a few last fun things with the last summer that I had as being anything remotely like a teenager. Oh well.

I think what suprises me the most is that Dad normally doesn't worry about me unless he has just cause. Maybe he does and I just don't realize it.


0 Responses to “Sigh”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3