Xati Guy


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This is a pretty cool dude with a very cool blog. I can only aspire to write as clever and wittily as he, and here is his blog. http://xatiguy.blogspot.com

I so appreciated his work, that I wrote a quick note about our trip to Verity, as follows.

Though we have been out of the good graces of the Institute for some
time, my sister and I (foolishly) decided to go to Verity, thinking it
would be much quicker than a traditional college degree. Ah! A bit of
the blue and white blood must still flow in our veins...

So, thinking we could survive anything for a week, we grimly headed up
to the Verity orientation. We packed our "edgiest" conservative
clothing, not really caring what we labeled or what sub-group we were identified with, as long as we didn't get thrown out. And even then, we weren't sure if that would be a tragedy.

We arived in blazing glory, we had made charming t-shirts that
proclaimed "Billy's Angels" across the back (since writing across the
chest is distracting) and jeans. Acting like niave college students who would have no idea that the dress code applies once you cross the
property line. Even with our bolstered and brave attitudes, the moment
the red carpet fumes hit our nostrils, we were ready to run back out
the doors. Wait, we hadn't walked in at that point...

We arrived at our room in the Character Inn (more than a good night's
sleep) to find they had TV's. The novelty of it all! And we didn't
even have to unplug them and turn them towards the wall, old CI
fashion. We were gravely disappointed to find the only channels you
could recieve without calling the front desk included Christianna Reed
and Treasures in The Snow.

The next morning we put on our war faces, my sisters outfit neatly
fell under the dress guidlines, even though the only fish-net clad
flesh you could see was a demure ankle. My lipstick was red and
blazing. When we came in contact with anyone of the of the opposite gender, we would discreetly avert our eyes, so it could not be said that we were leading young men astray.

After looking at our schedulse, we were amazed at the sheer amount of
time they were wasting, and the complete lack of sense of humor among
other students. We had to go around say our names, favorite color,
etc. Just like middle school! When I said "clear--because I am
blonde" only one person got it. Which made me wonder to their true hair
color. And when one girl said "red" another student remarked what a
"angry" color it was, I had to physically bite my toungue from
shouting out, it is the color of passion! Use the carpets well!

To sum up our tale of woe, we went to the authorities and said we had
"cautions in our spirit because our time was not being used wisely...
could we please return home?" It worked! We were there a total of
fourty-eight hours, managed to rock their world, and go home without
being SENT! Now that is a tale of bravery!


0 Responses to “Xati Guy”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3