Why I Hate Animals


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I have never really understood my personal loathing for animals, I thought it might be a little quirk of my DNA. I thought of this as my personal cross to bear, not liking animals that is, not the tweaked DNA, though I do have it. You know how terrible it is to tell people you do not like fluffy kitties and slobbering puppies? The aversion to cats can be explained away to allergies... but to passionately hate dogs for no apparent reason is viewed as just cruel.

Today has been a day of revelation and discovery, it dawned on me that all animals that we have owned as a family, have been a constant source of friction. Not the happy-go-lucky creatures you read about in books, but every hamster, parrot, dog, cat or other domesticated creature has at some point in it's sheltered life been fodder for some sort of family altrication. OH HOW I HATE THEE!

Why are animals such a big deal? Yes, they are annoying, but why must we constantly fight about them? And then I almost feel a smidgen of pity for the beasts whose gets to endure the pent up anger towards the owners. Ah! Sucks to be them.

Anyway. This post does not make sense, but, in short, animals are far more EMOTIONAL trouble than they are worth. Vote Bush for president, euthanasia for all animals! Just kidding.


0 Responses to “Why I Hate Animals”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3