Merry Christmas All


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Merry Christmas Everyone!

Well, that was my nice sentimental note for the day. Actually, today has been quite the interesting Christmas. Never, in the history of our family, can I remember getting our present opening done SO FAST. I felt downright sacreligious. There was none of the shaking of presents, or the careful peeling of paper and none of the annoying GUESSING HOW MANY PAGES WERE IN THE BOOK business. Let me clarify, this is not me registering a complaint by any means. That meant we got to stuff our little faces that much sooner. And stuff we did!

One of the highlights of present opening would be where my sister opened her much awaited gift from her boyfriend. And, it was, A RING. Not a engagement ring, but a ring nonetheless. She, of course, quietly opened it, slipped it on her finger and continued opening her other presents. (He was not here for the festivities.) I, could not bear to pass up such a opportunity for dramatic action on the part of the family. I heralded loudly across the living room JARED GAVE LAURA A RING FOR CHRISTMAS.

Everyone stopped.

You could hear the tissue paper float quietly to the floor. And then, the erupted. A WHAT? A THING? A PING? A FREAKING RING? Laura was simultaniously dutifully shooting me dirty looks and showing off her new piece of jewelry. She quickly explained, but let me tell you, the looks on the faces of the parents, for that one brief shining moment, was priceless.


1 Responses to “Merry Christmas All”

  1. Blogger VDOprincess 

    *menacing look* You'll get yours, Sarah Slabaugh. You will indeed. And have I mentioned lately that you are ONE SICK PERSON who delights in making other people miserable??? *super-duper-menacing look*

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3