An Offhanded Future


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My sister. Words have been invented to try and describe women like her. Perfect. Angelic. Those sort of things. But sadly, they (being men and words) have all fallen short.

In the recent developments that The World Is Her Future, my father thought he would help me set feasible goals for myself. Since the world could be my oyster with a few tweakings of behavior. I.E. I should work harder, study harder, eat my vegetables, drink my milk and go to bed on time, just to name a few.

The lastest aspiration that is being suggested: Become a Rhoads Scholar.

Yes.

Right up there with my goals of flossing regularly, drinking more water and hopefully actually graduating college.

Faithful blog readers, remind me every now and again, will you? You know, just so I don't forget and all that sort of nonsense. And, perish the thought, THE WORLD WOULD NOT BE MY OYSTER.



Dammit. I'll just be a clam.


4 Responses to “An Offhanded Future”

  1. Blogger joy 

    ROFL. Wow, that is funny, my dear clam sister. Just as an FYI, it's r-h-o-d-e-s, as in Rhodes Scholarship. You can do it!

  2. Blogger QOS 

    lobster. be a lobster like me.
    you get to wear red and pinch people.

  3. Blogger VDOprincess 

    I thought you were a porckchop? With rabbit cheeks full of carrotty bits. Now I'm all confuzzled.

  4. Blogger Jon 

    I've known a few. They are not all it is cracked up to be. Although, some are pretty high speed.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3