It's Nice To Know I Am Fooling Someone


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This morning, like always, I tripped into Starbucks. Mind you, I never go through the drive-thru, because I enjoy the opportunity to chat with all the Starbucks staff. Besides, half the reason I go to Starbucks is for the ritual of talking to everyone like I know them.

We ask about each other's lives. They ask me how business is. I ask them how them about their families. It's quite a nice little ritual.Today, as I was paying for my Gingerbread Latte, with only three pumps instead of four, one of the girls commented about how lovely I smell. Perfume being one of my addictions, I profusely thanked her and then set about trying to mentally establish the perfect scent for her. After we settled on a few different ones to test, she finished what she was going to say earlier--before I jumped on her with my perfume tirade--which was that not only do I always look incredibly well-groomed, but I am always so well dressed and classy.

Though I thanked her profusely, I was mentally snorting gingerbread latte through my nose. Me?! Well-dressed and classy?! The woman who frequently rolls out of bed a mere twenty minutes before she has to go to work. Me! The person who will get by with wearing the same top, all week long, simply paired with different skirts. Me! The female known for consistently dumping coffee on myself in the parking lot. Now THAT'S CLASS!

As I left, in all my well-dressed and classy glory, I thought that perhaps next to dressing in Starbucks t-shirts and faded black, I didn't look so bad after all.


0 Responses to “It's Nice To Know I Am Fooling Someone”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3