Do Not Speak To Me


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I hate talking about money.

The fact that I wanted to marry Oscar Meyer Jr. at the age of eight was not because I was trying to be funny, or cute. It is because I have a deep-rooted dislike for talking about or thinking about money. Yes, everyone stresses, but I am talking I feel guilty when people spend money on me. Today Dad was talking to me about family money matters and my stomach got upset. I HATE TALKING ABOUT IT! I want to marry a rich guy so I don't have to worry about it, but that wouldn't solve anything, and it isn't happening. But I'm serious. The very fact that we spent too much on groceries this month makes me want to fast or starve or something. (Not that I couldn't use it.) I

do believe that it is because when Mom and Dad were together all arguments centered around money and sex (but at that age we were too young to tell the difference, and as their relationship digressed it became one and the same.) Money was such a subject of tension, and to me it still is. At this very moment I am on the verge of tears for no apparent reason more than we will probably be discussing money at the dinner table.

Urgh. I think I'll skip dinner.


0 Responses to “Do Not Speak To Me”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3