Much Needed Update


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My, my! It has been far too long since I have updated this. My loyal fan club of readers (namely my father) has been bugging me to update, they just wanted to read my witty thoughts. Right.

Just to redeem myself, I haven't been able to update because Laura's computer is singularly evil. And since I haven't found time to go to the office recently, updating has been near to impossible.

Let me see, what has happened since I have last updated? Well, firstly and most exciting, I did indeed get into Verity.

They made me sweat it out a little, so it means more than if I just got in. Does that make sense? The whole concept of things that are earned having mroe value than things that are given. It makes sense to me and that's what counts. They said they were very impressed with my writing skills. Bah! As I am writiing this very boring post, I am laughing at the irony of it all. Maybe I will post my eight page testimony that was such wonderful writing. Hm. Or maybe not.

Laura is home, I don't think she likes being home. I think she thinks were don't like her or something. I love her dearly, I just want the best for her, that's all. Just like she used to do with me. You know the whole sisterly concept of making them do stuff whether they like it or not for their own good. She is so freaking smart! Brilliant! Just like Mom. She can remember insignificant pieces of information that come in handy later and has a mind like a steel trap. I just hate to see her be unhappy and not reach her full potential. Maybe she is happy, but I want so MUCH for her. Doesn't she realize she has the potential to change the world. Granted, she just might not be spilling her guts or ideas to us like she used to, so we simply don't know. Anyway.

My modeling jobs are picking up a little bit. Since I quit at Chick-Fil-A, they are tiding me over until I get that job with Preston. Laura and I are going to work on expanding my portfolio when she comes back from Glen Arden.

I have been trying to read quite a bit lately. I realize how latent and apathetic my mind was getting, so I have been reading book after book, trying to make myself smarter and a better person. I want to be well read, wise, articulate and all that good stuff. I have been trying to read biographies of people that influenced and changed our culture. Wheter it was for good or bad, they still shaped it in some form and that is what I want to do. I recently read Spin Sisters: How Women of the Media Sell Liberalism and Unhappiness to Women of America. I highly recommend it. It is not necessarily well written, but very thought provoking.

It is my mission to influence our culture for the better. While that might seem slightly unreachable, it is possible! Anything is possible if you put your mind to it. First of all I want to motivate young people to aspire beyond the expectations or lack thereof of parents, peers and any one else. Not to be great, not to be famous, but to be the best they can be. Young people need to see the bigger picture, the picture of life and influencing others around them. People sell teenagers short in expecting them to be irresponsible and foolish. Give them goals, give them dreams, believe in them and actually reach out to them. Lee-Ann and I are brainstorming a book together on this subject. Something we both feel very passionately about.

Secondly, they way women of today think, is so very warped. They have been given every opportunity possible and they still feel slighted, undersold and cheap. Why cannot women glory in the beauty of being a woman? Yes, we can do it all. But why not do what women do best? Be feminine and be GLAD you can do that. People of today have no idea what they want or where to search for it and I want to be able to give them alternatives. Show them that there is more to life than just yourself.

I am also thinking of being in the Miss Blue-Gold pageant just for the sheer fun of it. To be in the pageant where Joy gave away her crown would be boatloads of fun! I would do something about influencing young people for my platform. But I would enter it just for the fun of it and to give me a great sense of what Joy is going through so I could help her.

Speaking of Joy, I was thinking, a great way to get started in the whole PR thing is if I took it upon myself as my project to get Joy bookings and speaking engagements. Calling schools, clubs, etc. Trying to get her diverse chances to share her platform. I hvae been brainstorming this for awihle.

Sadly, I was not able to post when I had lots of thoughts. Right now my mind is slightly numb. So maybe more to come later!

Ahh! I just remembered I am starting my birthday list! I cannot think what I want to do for my 18th birthday besides sit around and smoke cigars to celebrate the fact I can now LEGALLY buy tobacco.
So here is the birthday list (never to early to start) This is a WISH list, things I want but do not expect to get... does that make sense or is that selfish?

Handgun and lessons- I think self-defense is very important. And if we end up moving to the trailer, it would be very wise. I mean, can you see Laura hurting anyone? No. Joy might , but I can't see her waking up out of a deep slumber to hear a attacker. I think it would be excellent to start exercising my right as a American to defend my home and family.

Radar Detector- I know this is a sorely debated subject in our family and actually I don't really speed anymore, ever since I started taking the blame for every single things that goes wrong with the family vehicles, I have started driving like a granny, besides it conserves gas. But sooner or later I will get my own car, and then it would be very nice to have.

Leather Jacket- I have always wanted one and I think they look so timeless and classy. Besides, you can actually get them rather cheaply off of ebay.

Madamosielle- I love the smell, it lingers forever. Besides, it's great to see the look on people's face when you tell them that's what perfume your wearing.

Flat Iron- My hair can actually look cute with the proper amount of time invested in it. Our flat-iron's have been lost and broken by Joy, so if I DO get one, I want one of the skinny kind, not the big fat ones. You can actually get them at Sally's.

Sonia Kashuk Makeup Brushes- Brushes make makeup go on so much better, and we all know how much I love making other people look beautiful. It's so neat to see how excited they get when you make them look gorgeous.

Hair Cutting Shears- Kind of a continuation of the last one, I love cutting people's hair and I need to get my own good pair of scissors instead of continually stealing Iva's.

I think that's it, and I cannot believe that I am actually posting this.


0 Responses to “Much Needed Update”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3