The Bride


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I absolutely loved this song, every time it comes on the radio, it makes me smile. It makes me think of certain *ahem* people, who everyone is convinced they will be such a great catch.

The day is finally here

There's flowers everywhere
The guests are waiting with sweet anticipation
As I look down the aisle the preacher starts to smile
Church bells are ringing and the organ is playing
I'm so overcome that I could cry
I'm so happy I'm not the bride

Shes such a pretty thing
She don't know anything
Not gonna tell her that shes outta her mind
The preacher asks the question
No, I have no objection
I do, I do, I want him outta my life
Throw the rice and let those white dove fly
O happy day I'm not the bride


Eat some more cake
Throw the bouquet
Pass the champagne
It's time to celebrate
I'm gonna dance this night away

The groom is getting loud
His new wife starts to shout
O this is perfect, it can only get better
There fighting in the car, off to a real good start
His mama's crying, aren't they lovely together
Their driving away, we wave them good-bye

Close call, relax, Amen, Hallelujah
But by the grace of God go I: I'm not the bride.
Well, I'm not the bride.
I'm free, I'm free, I'm free.
I'm not the bride.Thank God!
Goodbye now.
Good luck girl.
You're gonna need it.
Ha, ha, ha.
Ta-ta.


Bwahahah! I just think it is very amusing.


0 Responses to “The Bride”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3