Life Is Short


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Today I sit at my desk contemplating the vastness of eternity and the brevity of our human lives.

As a young person, it is so easy for me to fall into the mindset that "I have my whole life ahead of me!" But you only have ONE life, one life to accomplish great things. Look at the people who have changed our culture, they only had one life, and they had to dedicate it to hard work and perserverence.

Most people forget and fritter away the youthful and most productive years of their lives by having un. You only get those years once! Maximize them! Why do we act as if we are going to get a second chance at life?

It boggles my mind to see the life-altering decisions young people make, only to look back and wish they had thought it through, or heeded the advice of the older, sometimes wiser generation.

I believe in a generation of quick convenience, it has erased from our reality the permanence of eternity. It seems that their is a cure for everything, nothing is permanent, and everything can be dealth with. It has caused people to forget that eternity cannot be handled in such a flippant manner.

Each of us will stand before God to answer for every one of the decisions we made. Wheter sober or durnk, trivial or important. For that matter, there is no such thing as a trivial decision.

But this is something I have to continually remind myself, every day I choose how I will influence the world.


0 Responses to “Life Is Short”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3