Thinking Aloud


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Someone said to me recently "You need to give up trying too hard and just do what makes you happy." On the surface, that seems quite innocuous, but when you think about it, why should it make YOU happy? What if what once made you happy, no longer makes you happy? Is your life a waste? What if you become one of those people who are HAPPY in their mediocrity?

Does this terrify anyone else? Of becoming a person who is so satisfied in being middle of the road, vaguely bland and happy to troll along in their sweet satisfied life of complacency? But, there is also the terror of pushing yourself too far, too hard and looking back on your life with a desire to have slowed down. CAN you push yourself to far?

When you work your whole life to get ahead, pause for one minute and lose your head start. THAT BRINGS YOU BACK TO THE REST OF THE MEDICORE PACK.


You know, I think I had best keep my thoughts to myself, because this really isn't making sense to anyone but me.


0 Responses to “Thinking Aloud”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3