Single And Lonely Has It's Perks


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Last night, after dressing my naked sister for her date, I cruised home and ate a quiet and subdued dinner while reading the news. The only reason I paticularly point out the "quiet and subdued" is simply because after you spend half an hour with my sister, the whirling dervish of energy, just about everything seems quiet and zen-like.

After puttering around for a bit, I finally dressed and went to the gym. Now, I have a little confession to make. Just recently, I discovered the beauty of watching TV while doing cardio. Before, when I worked out in the mornings, the early, early mornings, nothing of interest was on. Leaving me to listen to highly unmotivational music or puff out a interesting conversation with my sister. The latter two activities aren't exactly conducive to distraction. The minutes slowly drag by. But, when watching whatever evening entertainment they have on, suddenly I find myself cranking out an hour of cardio, no problem!Last night I did over an hour of cardio and a good ab workout. I was in the gym for roughly and hour and forty minutes. Now, please understand! Back in the day, I would mercilessly ridicule my sister for spending extrodinary amounts of time in the gym. And by extrodinary, I mean anything over half an hour. But now that SHE is the one with the whirling social life, my other sister is married and my best friend lives two hours away, I find myself becoming the quietly cliched single woman who rocks out with her iPod.

After the gym, I went grocery shopping. GROCERY SHOPPING! I quietly rolled about the store, headphones intact, picking up healthy food. HEALTHY FOOD! And THEN, I went home and prepared my lunch for work. Of course, midway through the preparation I got a call from the previously mentioned sister who had finished her date. Living vicariously through her.

Dashed over to her apartment to rehash it, then came home and finished my preparations. I felt so single and lonely and LOVING IT. This morning, I trotted into work with two carefully and neatly packed lunches. One for me, one for my sister. I felt so domesticated! I felt so... old! Before you know it, I will be cutting our sandwiches into shapes and making bug cupcakes.

I think the whole single and lonely myth is encouraged because people might actually find the solitude ENJOYABLE. AND GOD FORBID IF WE DIDN'T PROCREATE AND FILL THE WORLD WITH SCREAMING TODDLERS.

I'll leave that to my sister.


0 Responses to “Single And Lonely Has It's Perks”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3