A Year Full Of Lessons


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Par for the course around this time of year, I was discussing the high points of this past year with a group of friends. When it came to me I grew quiet, because I realized every single thing I will remember from this year, every single "high point", every single lesson learned was from the low points.

Yes. The points where I was crying, screaming and at my lowest. The points where I thought life would never be bright again. The point where I realized I was nothing and my life without Christ would be nothing. The points where I was humiliated and humbled.

You have no idea how loathe I am to write this. I used to mentally mock my sisters for writing things like this. Labeling them "pretentious", "overly-spiritual" and "goodytoeshoes". But, I don't care.

This year, I have learned much about myself. I have learned limit and boundries. I have learned weaknesses and strengths. I have found out a little more of who I really am. I have shed pretenions. I understand that it doesn't matter what my job is, who I date or what my goals are. If I am not content with who I am and not fufilled in Christ, there will always be a nagging emptiness.

Even though I am taught a lesson once, I seem to go running back at least two more times to make sure I have thoroughly learned it. I am hardheaded like that.

This year has been good. It has been full. I have been blessed. I have nothing to show for myself, persay. But I have gained so much. So many lessons learned.

A year worth remembering.


0 Responses to “A Year Full Of Lessons”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3