Sweet Deliciousness


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Today is my day off. As of late, I have been trying to do productive things on my day off. Run errands, shop, visit things I've always wanted to see. But, today, I'm just being lazy and it feels absolutely lovely.

I have the apartment all to myself this weekend. As the sister is gone up north, spending her days strapped to thin pieces of wood hurtling down mountains. Ah. Such fun.

She normally feels quite guilty if I clean by myself on my day off so she insists I go do something fun. But the funk has started to build up. The dirty clothes heap is growing higher. Everything looking a little dingier. I slept until noon, ate cold pizza for breakfast and the started rumbling about in my pajamas. I've cleaned furiously. Scrubbing, bleaching, straightening, sorting, tossing. I love it. An occasional day to remind myself I still know how to clean and I still enjoy it.

I am by no means finished. I'm pulling out all my neurotic cleaning idiosyncrasies I thought I had long banished. (I once actually waxed the front of the microwave to make it shine more.) To really kick that whole memory lane experience into high gear, I pulled out a few old mixed CD's.
Sweet memories.

Even though I have to work tomorrow, this feels like vacation. A vacation where I can remind myself how much fun work can be. I forget this sometimes. Too busy skinning babies and clubbing seals, you know.


2 Responses to “Sweet Deliciousness”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Oh man I laughed out loud while reading your entry. YOu girly, have a gift! Brought joy to this otherwise boring and shooting-ones-self-in-the-head day. CArry on good lass!!!! Carry on!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    awww. thanks doll. perhaps i shall become the new reader fodder of the office?!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3