Completely Irritated


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



There are times when I love my job. There are also times when my job makes me want to crawl out of my skin and scream. Now would be one of those times.

I've stayed late every day this week. We've been slow all day, but now ten minutes after we supposedly close, I have a showroom full of people and I'm expected to wait. It's far to glorious outside to be sitting in a dark office with no windows. Or, for that matter, to be locked in a building with all men who, in such weather, only want to talk about breasts and... breasts.

I want to cry.


5 Responses to “Completely Irritated”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Perhaps the times when your job makes you "want to crawl out of your skin and scream" are simply indications that the good times are just waiting around the corner. Wait it out. Good luck.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    i almost feel guilty over how much i love my job right now.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I shall cry a tad for you this day,
    when with asshats you have to stay.
    Perhaps you'll leave there soon,
    and dance under the sky with moon.

    Geez, I need a vacation. ;)

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    i swear. i will call you back when i get off work.

    another 7 hours to go...

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Sux when your stuck in a place that you would more then happily like to see it reduced to some smoldering ashes.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3