Thin Enough


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This morning Joy and I got in a interesting conversation, I can't remember what exactly we were talking about, but she said I never ask if I think I am fat, I just say. So, I decided to remedy the situation, so I asked "Joy do you think I am fat?" To which she replied "Well, I don't think your skinny."

So, in Joy-speak, yes I am fat. At first, I was slightly annoyed, only slightly, which I thought as a great improvement over past times I have been told I was fat. And then I remembered that Joy, little, skinny, pageant-starved Joy, think's that SHE is fat!

And, I was actually for the first time, able to genuinelly not care what someone thought about the way I look, or how fat I am. Guys who like skinny chicks are screwed, I don't care if you think I am fat, because I am gneuinely happy at how I look. I have curves, I look like a woman. Last time I checked, that wasn't a crime. For crying out loud, I have the same measurements as Marilyn Monroe, sure she was chubby, but she was beautiful.

Anyway, I am happy to announce I don't care what people think. I think I am just fine.

And a word to those who are critqued by Joy, she is around anorexic barbies all the time, so her perspective gets a tad warped. But we love her anyway.

And, kudoes to her, she was published. Check it out at http://www.relevantmagazine.com


1 Responses to “Thin Enough”

  1. Blogger joy 

    Who asks the age-old questions "Am I fat?" WHO I ask you?! I would that in this day and age, everyone would realize that everytime that question is asked, it puts both the asker and the askee through a horrendous ordeal. *scowl* She set me up.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3