Starbucks


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



People in my office do not understand. Me. Or anything interesting for that matter.

They could not, for the life of them, percieve why I was so excited that we are FINIALLY getting a REAL Starbucks here in our sad little town. After asking me why exactly Starbucks was better than Wawa and hearing my spluttering outrage, the only words they could muster were "You are a prep at heart."


Coming from them, I will consider that a compliment.


7 Responses to “Starbucks”

  1. Blogger joy 

    We are??!! WHEN???!!! Let's camp on their doorstep and be the first customers!

  2. Blogger Rick 

    new starbucks - reason enough for a parade. we *finally* got one here last year, and another opened up closer to downtown.

    do a test for me - i've been in three brand new starbucks cafe's in the past year (2 here, 1 beach), and that first week everything's wrong. if you've ever been in one at an airport or another town, do you notice the new one doesn't have the smell or the atmosphere yet, and the coffee doesn't taste quite right? within a week or so it's all good, but that first visit was a letdown.

    some of us understand.

  3. Blogger QOS 

    ahhhhh. . .starbucks is great. . .free starbucks is even better. yesterday when i came into the office, someone had left some hot starbucks on my desk for me.

  4. Blogger Melissa 

    How small is your town? I thought every town the minimum required 5 Starbucks stores by now. I predict the novelty will soon wear off and in a few years when you have one on every corner, you'll even be a little sick of them.

  5. Blogger joy 

    but by that point, there will be lots of little local coffee shops eeking out an existence and i can do the whole snobby down-with-giant-coffee-companies-drink-the-crappy-local-stuff thing. *grin* kidding. but i am looking forward to the local coffee shops that will probably spring up as a result of starbucks coming. right now, our options are very, very limited.

  6. Blogger Porkchop 

    As in, people think Wawa coffee is the salvation of mankind.

    WAWA.

    That's like saying Zales is as good as Tiffany's.

    So. Not. Happening.

  7. Blogger Rugger 

    I have four Starbucks in a 3 mile radius. It's pretty cool, let me tell you. :)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3