The Royal Tennenbaums


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Just this weekend, I finially saw that movie after being told what a classic it was, how incredibly deprived I am and how much culture I was missing.

Yeah right.

It was amusing in a very quirky, random, scary way. After seeing this movie, I was told by a completely unrelated speciman, that my blog made our family sound like The Royal Tennenbaums. Scary. I would like to think we are slightly less disfuncional.

It is now, that I should be drawing great analogies of Margot and Laura, but really, I don't have it in me this morning to insult my siblings that greatly. (Since there was three children, I would be conveniently left out.)



I could see us chopping off each other's fingers though.


7 Responses to “The Royal Tennenbaums ”

  1. Blogger joy 

    as long as i can be the filthy-rich business mongul kid, i'm happy.

  2. Blogger Porkchop 

    If your going to be the business mongul child, you also need to have a pair of children that nips at your heels in matching outfits.

  3. Blogger Rick 

    somebody's gotta be the tennis player, wear the headband all the time.

    wonder what my family looks like, or looked like back in the day? always hoped for huxtables, or at least good times. i keep telling my kids we're the incredibles, and mom & i can't reveal our secret identities. they're not buying it.

  4. Blogger VDOprincess 

    I think I need to watch this movie so I know with whom I am being compared. Should I be offended? I mean, in the past I have been:
    Jo in Little WomenDragon in ShrekThe Giant in The Princess BrideSo I'm not sure if Margot is a good thing.

  5. Blogger joy 

    It's not. She's a freaky bisexual smoker with a chopped off finger.

  6. Blogger Ben Sutherland 

    Hey, Sarah...

    I resemble that completely unrelated specimen....and I meant no offense in the least...I meant that you sounded like you had a really talented family (that was the purpose of the word "benign" as a modifier, but I don't think the meaning came through very well:):):)...

    I had a gifted teacher in junior high who seemed to have the dysfunctional part of that family down with much less talent:)...and it was joy, let me tell you, to have him bring his craziness into my life every morning at 8AM:):):)...

    Your family, on the other hand, seems like a really tight bunch of talented folks (if I got the jist of your blog right:)...that was just my impression:)...

    I thought Margot was the coolest, by the way...I don't care how many or few fingers she mangaged to keep ahold of...

    Adios, ese...

    Ben

  7. Blogger Ben Sutherland 

    Hey, Sarah...

    I resemble that completely unrelated specimen....and I meant no offense in the least...I meant that you sounded like you had a really talented family (that was the purpose of the word "benign" as a modifier, but I don't think the meaning came through very well:):):)...

    I had a gifted teacher in junior high who seemed to have the dysfunctional part of that family down with much less talent:)...and it was joy, let me tell you, to have him bring his craziness into my life every morning at 8AM:):):)...

    Your family, on the other hand, seems like a really tight bunch of talented folks (if I got the jist of your blog right:)...that was just my impression:)...

    I thought Margot was the coolest, by the way...I don't care how many or few fingers she mangaged to keep ahold of...

    Adios, ese...

    Ben

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3