Happy Frickin' Valentine's Day


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Today, is going to be one very long day.

Prehaps, it is because I work with fourteen, count 'em, FOURTEEN not single women. Who, coincidentally, think today is the best day of the rest of their lives.

Prehaps, it is because I had to stop at three, count 'em, t-h-r-e-e stores before being able to find the much needed Starbucks Doubleshots to get my morning off into a nice caffeinated depression.

Prehaps, it is because while I was in the stores, this charming little man who was trying to be quite nice, told me "as pretty as I was, I was going to make someone have a VERY happy Valentine's Day." To which I cheerfully informed him that no one was going to be made happy by ME today. He frowned and puzzled over this for a moment and declared it "just wrong." While I concur entirely, I simply told him "life isn't fair."

Prehaps, it is because I cannot even EAT Valentine's Day cookies without biting holes in the side of my mouth. It's a sign. No depression eating today. Will cheerfully inbibe caffeine until I hyperventalate and twitch my way into oblivion.



Drink up, whatever you can chug down without being completely obvious to the rest of your coworker's and have a HAPPY Valentine's Day.


0 Responses to “Happy Frickin' Valentine's Day”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3