Read it: TWO WEEKS


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My father has been the fodder for many a amusing blog post. But, he loves it. I truly believe that is where my exhobitionist streak came from. If I have one, that is. If I don't have one, I am claiming one. RIGHT NOW.

He is, with my sisters, my biggest blog fan. He loves reading it and later discussing it with me. For the tricky emotional parts he doesn't understand, he calls his wife who then interprets. Really, we have this system down rather nicely now.

Yesterday he sent me this an email:

I love reading your blog. I love the screen name porkchop, says a lot about your self confidence.

He also requested that I post something regarding the vaccume cleaner saga. Up to this point, since I knew he frequented my blog, I have not written anything. But, as usual, he finds the ludicriousness of the situation SO compelling, (or is it my winsome charm?) that he cannot help but laugh.

For two weeks. Read it: TWO WEEKS, the vaccume cleaners have been clattering around in my vehicle like neglected children. I have considered naming them and giving them cute bonnots, but decided that could be interpreted as my "clock ticking" or other such nonsense.

For two weeks. Read it: TWO WEEKS, our floor has not been vaccumed. I was personally lobbying to have The Brothers pick up all the dirt off the floor. Much more productive than playing Xbox for oh, say, FOURTY-EIGHT HOURS.

But I digress.

I was supposed to drop these nameless children/vaccume cleaners off at the repair shop. Which I could not find. Which I am convinced is a drug front. Which happens to be three blocks from where I work.

Every day, I would come home from work and Dad would ask me a vaccume cleaner related question. Found the place yet? Dropped them off yet? WHEN ARE THE DAMNED FLOORS GOING TO BE CLEANED? With promises of "soon", "only a matter of time" and "HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW" he was appeased. But I avoided the subject at all costs because I was forgetting, procrastinating and generally not making my poor vaccume cleaner children a priority in my life.

Two weeks. Read it: TWO WEEKS later. I have found the place. Yup. Situated a few blocks from where I work. It DOES look like a drug front. AND is never open.



Dad is very fearful for what kind of children I will produce.


1 Responses to “Read it: TWO WEEKS”

  1. Blogger Jon 

    "I" am worried about what kind of kids you will produce.

    Thanks God the world is going to end on August 22nd.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3