I Don't Think I Won


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Green Mountain Coffee Company is giving away a single cup coffee pot every day to a reader who can tell them the best, in two hundred words or less why they need it. And this is what I wrote:

Working in an office of women twice my age has its perks. They proffer handsome grandsons, ply you with food, and think you are young and beautiful. However, one of the downsides (other than ugly grandsons and jello salads) is the lack of desire for a quality cup of coffee. I am not only mocked for my use of a teacup instead of a mug, but my taste for brews other than Folgers is bewildering.There is nothing more disheartening than carefully scrubbing out the stained coffee pot, measuring out freshly ground coffee from my desk stash, and waiting for it to finish brewing to perfection (or as close as perfection can get in a office coffee pot), only to find them flocking toward my pot declaring that "the decaf tastes odd today".

If coffee enlightenment were possible for them, I would pursue it. But since they have made it abundantly evident that it is not, I beseech you Green Mountain Brewing Company, to recognize my tragic plight as an under-appreciated, overly-brewed, old coffee pot user, and bequeath me with a new pot to delight my senses and tuck under my desk.

Truly, this would be happiness.


0 Responses to “I Don't Think I Won”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3