Once A Workaholic, Twice As Likely To Hate It


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Today was my first review. I found out that I am doing a good job. I found out that I am getting a raise. And I also found out that I am now expected to work 50+ hours a week. This does not make me happy. At all.

There was a time in my life where I loved being a workaholic, but when forced into it? I rebel. Besides, now I am old and wise and realize there is more to life than money. (Really!)This has given me much displease. I stew in my anger.

CoolBlackShoes: hi! i am a person forced into involunatiry workaholicism
CoolBlackShoes: you know, being a workaholic is fun when you WANT to be one
jjoyful00: sniffle
jjoyful00: well, you WILL be making twice as much money
CoolBlackShoes: super
jjoyful00: so, an increase in 10 hours for double the pay isn't that bad
CoolBlackShoes: i'll be making twice as much money
CoolBlackShoes: selling my soul
CoolBlackShoes: hating every minute
CoolBlackShoes: wishing i could be home reading and drinking tea
CoolBlackShoes: WITH YOU
CoolBlackShoes: i love the way they tell me:you are fully entitled to one weekend a month
CoolBlackShoes: like I'm some underpriviledged child who gets to see the sunlight once a year. LIKE A WORM WHO NEVER SEES THE SUN.
CoolBlackShoes: a WHOLE WEEKEND!!!!!
jjoyful00: wimper
jjoyful00: i will miss thee
CoolBlackShoes: i love how they prattle
CoolBlackShoes: "yes, your definately going places in 3-5 years i can see you running your own department"
CoolBlackShoes: well, super!
CoolBlackShoes: paticularly because finance departments aren't normally over THREE PEOPLE
CoolBlackShoes: so let me sell my health and youth for some BENJAMINS
CoolBlackShoes: let me never take more than three holidays a year
CoolBlackShoes: FOR THE NEXT FIVE YEARS
jjoyful00: rofl
CoolBlackShoes: let me smack my own mother over the head JUST TO MAKE MONEY
CoolBlackShoes: let me make my mother wish she had never brought such a money grubbing sucker into the world
CoolBlackShoes: LET ME WISH DEATH UPON MYSELF
CoolBlackShoes: for the next five years
CoolBlackShoes: 24! big friggity deal
CoolBlackShoes: a finance director at 24!!
CoolBlackShoes: whoooohooOO!
CoolBlackShoes: STOP THE PRESSES
CoolBlackShoes: i'm feeling very bitter
CoolBlackShoes: and angry
CoolBlackShoes: AND PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW
CoolBlackShoes: though, i'm not sure why
CoolBlackShoes: considering i just got a raise
CoolBlackShoes: perhaps there is something very, very wrong with me?
jjoyful00: rofl
jjoyful00: well, there is something very, veyr funny about you
CoolBlackShoes: lol
CoolBlackShoes: i'm glad you find it funny
CoolBlackShoes: considering you will PROBABLY NEVER SEE ME AGAIN
CoolBlackShoes: and if you do, it will be a pathetic quaking skelton, huddled in her bed, trying to catch a few precious hours of sleep before she heads back to AUZWITCH
CoolBlackShoes: (i know i didn't spell that correctly)
CoolBlackShoes: because i will barely have time to SLEEP inbetween the slaughtering of the INNOCENT. CHOPPING UP CHILDREN TO FEED TO THE LIONS.

Also, in my review I was informed by my boss that in the last three months he had been "giving me way too much work. [he] was trying to see if you would break. You didn't! Congratulations!"

What I find so amusing about this is that I am normally quite bored at work. So, now I will have much more free time on my hands AND they just installed a firewall, so almost everything, but blogger, is inacessable. All my sisters blogs. My blog. My email. EVERYTHING.

I'm pretty psyced about all this, because, if I do decide to go jump off a cliff NO ONE WILL MISS ME SINCE I AM NEVER HOME.


4 Responses to “Once A Workaholic, Twice As Likely To Hate It”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hey, remember that CD of, ahem, angry music? It's for moments like this. I swear, there is nothing, NOTHING more theuraputic then visualizing at the top of your lungs:

    "You faggots keep egging me on
    until I have you at knifepoint, then you beg me to stop?
    SHUT UP! Give me your hands and feet
    I said SHUT UP when I'm talkin to you
    YOU HEAR ME? ANSWER ME!"

    Anyway. You should use it. Relieves stress.

    Oh, remind me to make an appointment with my shrink.

    HILARITY ENSUES.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Funny, I struggled for years to reach the top of the mountain; and when I arrived, I noticed that my X wasn't there, nor my children. . . I had sacrificed them at the altar of the green. I thought I was doing it all for them, so they could live in luxury. Instead, I found that the very thing they wished for was what I had been unable to give them;
    myself...

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Frederick--

    I did listen to angry music once I left work, but while AT work I have to listen to soothing strains of classical. Obstensibly, for the customers, but we all know it's so I won't become noticably violent.

    Steel Cowboy--

    Very true. Nor do I want to sacrifice my education or opportunities. Money is nice... but not at that price.

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    So, they installed a firewall and everything is blocked EXCEPT blogger? Did I get that right?

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3