Quote Of The Day


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



In regards to whether I will age with grace and dignity and become a sexy mature woman or a fat middle aged troll.

"You, my dear, will never go over the hill like that. You might stand stubbornly at the edge and stare over, but you will never actually go."


12 Responses to “Quote Of The Day”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I like the new look there PC!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Steel Cowboy sent me here and I'm glad he did. Well done, very well done. God Bless.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Thank you much! It is compliments of my darling sister who slaved long and hard over it.

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    RD-- Thank you. If you have addresses of friends overseas, or sons of friends... please email them to me!

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Came here via Steelcowboy. Glad I did. Read a few of the last posts and really enjoyed them. I can appreciate your kind of sense of humor :) I'll visit more often!

    God bless you for what you do for our troops. My husband and I met in the army 23 years ago. He is now in the AirForce Reserves but has not been called to active duty. Although we are both relieved about this, he would go in an instant if needed!

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    how sweet of SC to be sending me visitors! thank you for the kind compliment... I have been going through a rather dry time lately. I seem to make nothing funny. this could be due to the fact I stay in every night and drink tea. funny stories are not born out of tea drinking, I know. but I am immensely enjoying being a old lady.

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Er, that was supposed to be Porkchop. {Please forgive temporary blondness. I am told it will go away. Seeings as I've been a brunette for a couple of YEARS now.)

  8. Anonymous Anonymous 

    love the sleek look, darling.

    but tell me - what do i have to do to get rid of the "pukey" epithet?

  9. Anonymous Anonymous 

    thank you, dahling! asking is all that is required. do you have a name of preference?

    drunk IMer?
    facebook hacker?
    dinner whore?

    just kidding--you know I love you.

  10. Anonymous Anonymous 

    sniffles.

    i think my delicate, petal-like feelings may be bruised.

  11. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Ah. Yes. Your delicate petal like feelings...

    "It must be weird to actually be single, since you've been acting that way all along."

  12. Anonymous Anonymous 

    just because i was a little harsh that one time, is no excuse for constantly trampling on my fragile self-esteem!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3