Life Looks A Little Boring, Let's Try Leprosy!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



In the past few days, my face has rapidly been taken over by small open weeping spots. It rather looks like I have chicken pox. Except there is no swelling or discoloration surrounding the spots. There are just random spots on my neck, ears and face that weep and ooze. They refuse to scab over and despite my best makeup skills, aren't concealed to well.

I found out that it's ipetigo which is caused because of staph (a strain of which is making its rounds at work). Its lovely to know these things, but it doesn't take away the fact I look like I've been attacked by a flock of gnats. Or that the itching is becoming so unbearable I'm about to cry.

I want to pin a sign on my forehead "These Aren't Zits. I Do Wash My Face. This Isn't My Fault."

But I can't. And they itch. And all this pain is starting to give me a headache. (Or is it the clenching of my teeth trying to ignore it?) They are starting to get a little deeper and chunks of my skin seem to be slowly eroding. I know in reality it isn't all that bad. But I'm not dealing with it to well.

How would you deal if you were suddenly given the skin of a fifteen year old boy?


3 Responses to “Life Looks A Little Boring, Let's Try Leprosy!”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I'm suffering from a nasty poison ivy rash as we speak, so I know where you're comin' from, and it ain't no fun! I'm going to the doctor today for a shot. This sucks!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    It's better than actually BEING a 15 year old boy :)

    But yeah.....that def stinks.....Hives & Ithchies & Poison Ivyness all are no fun.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    "There are just random spots on my neck, ears and face that weep and ooze." is the sexiest phrase ever written on the internet. Congrats, kid!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3