Retro Cell Phones?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Good news, for me anyway. I am feeling much more confident on my muscles. As boring as they are, today, for once, lab actually did some good and I am getting better at them. I have decided half of this whole nursing thing is just sticking with it. So, I have adopted my anxiously-charging-life-straight-in-the-face look. I also need to work on getting a job at the hospital...

A few blonde antics of mine.
First of all, my very-cute-new-Verizon-phone (which will henceforth be referred as VCNVP, you figure it out) has the adorable external screen, which is round with these cute little retro looking lines around it. (You have to see it to understand) Anyway, Joy was making fun of my phone, saying it looked stupid. I pointed it out it had a cute, funky, retro-70's look. Joy pointed out that there was no such things as a retro cell phone, or a 70's cell phone. I felt throughly squelched, I personally think she is just jealous. I don't have a piece of CellularOne CRAP! hehe

My other blonde thing... this morning as I was driving Joy to work, I noticed my rearview was really weird, it wasn't excactly foggy, but very hard to see out of. So, I smacked the defrost button and merrily drove along. Five minutes later, the rearview was no different looking, I smacked the defrost button harder, making sure that the little defrost light came on. Ten minutes down the road, twenty degrees hotter, the stupid mirror still looked weird, so I reached up to rub the fog off the mirror, only to realize it was pointed at the ceiling, and the reflection off the back window into the mirror is what I was seeing, not actually out the window. Yes, I felt very stupid I assure you.

I have to do homework, toodles!


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3