Troll Colored Glasses


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My life has taken on a generally trollish tinge, and in more ways than one.

First of all, this weekend was my very first real fashion show. Hurrah for me. Anyway, they asked what they could do to my hair, I said anything they wanted, thinking they would make it look good. They also said they were going to put TEMPORARY pink in my hair... temporary means it comes out, right? Think again. My hair is in what is called a "step bob" meaning it is practically shaved in the back, and then uneven in the front. Yes, it is as horrible as it sounds. Then, they gave me bangs, and this long piece of hair, which is all BRIGHT pink, including the shaved part.

I have never felt so revultingly hideous in my entire life. Every time I look in the mirror it puts me on the verge of tears. Oh, and the parts that aren't pink are... white blond. I look like a wanna-be punk, a dork, goth, rocker barbie, something. Very Kelly Osborne, and that is not a compliment in the least. I have taken to wearing hats and dissolving into tears at unexpected moments. I could go get it fixed, but I really don't want to spend MORE money, because I am trying to get the family payed back ASAP.

Oh, this morning I shampooed my hair seven times, and it is still troll-hair-pink. My family has been wonderfully sweet about this whole thing, as well as Zeke, but I know they are lying when they say it looks good, because it looks TERRIBLE. It looked ok when the hairstyle people fixed it, but since I washed my hair, the pink bled onto the white blond, giving me a generally pink tinge to my entire head. And I can't fix it like the hair people did, because they are professionals, and spent like seven hours on it,

Moving along, well, actually I can't move along, because this whole hair things has severely warped my perspective on life, and supposedly if I can pull this hairstyle off, then I will be a much better person. But I can't pull it off, and that is that. I think, I'll go cry.


0 Responses to “Troll Colored Glasses”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3