Career Highpoints


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



You might be slightly deflated to know that this is not annoucing my promotion of position to full-time payroll department. Better.

We are talking as to the fact of my drowning career as match-maker. I have managed to sucessfully divert the attentions of a thirty-five year old suitor to Joy, who is infinitely more suited to this chap than I.

The completely amusing part of all this, is when chatting with him before, I vaguely mentioned the fact that Joy might be a bit more his cup of tea than I, to which he swore, almost in blood, that he would never, ever be interested in such a thing. Citing that he "would not want to be like the other gentlemen that were interested in us" referencing the blokes who ask the other sister out after they finished dating the first. (I would link to a old post titled "Of First Kisses and Second Boyfriends" but it was erased, thanks to Joy. Please issue your complaints to her.)

Well, he has admitted interest in Joy. So, my friends, this is a lesson to never say never.


Editor's Note: Just because he is interested in Joy, does not mean that they are anything. This is just an amusing note at the expense of someone who had not yet been subjected to the powers and attractions of the most beautiful Joy.


0 Responses to “Career Highpoints”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3