Child Of This Century


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Last night, as I braved the frozen roads to rent MORE movies, since we were all in vegetable-like states, our electricity went out. In the past, we would have run huge vats of water, as if we were not going to see electric lights or running water for a solid month and then we would have amused ourselves by reading books and acting like people from Little House On The Prarie.

Well, I was at a loss, I had no internet, no television, no heat and my cell phone battery was DYING. Stupid cell phone. So, after waiting about two hours, I resorted to sleep, only to wake up in the middle of the night with all the lights on. Nice.

You may ask why I took so long to figure out sleep was the only intelligent option. Simple answer. We watched Seven. I was completley freaked out and made a beautiful case for never letting Sarah watch scary movies without something strong to hold on to. Ever again.




In short, this has been a demonstration why Sarah always needs electric and something strong to hold on to.


2 Responses to “Child Of This Century”

  1. Blogger Ben Sutherland 

    Seven is excellent...and the only horror movie that generally leaves me a bit concerned for my safety as a I finish watching it:)...though you got to figure that only 1 out of every 5 you meet are really going to be serial killers...and I have neither any real wrath in my bones, nor do I really have much for them to envy:)...

    Sounds like you're making friends, Sarah:)...I thought your note was cute:)...This is why I value a sense of humor so much...because without it, people can be a pretty tedious and ugly lot:)...Like the Care Bears...but worse...

    You're going to boot camp?...are you for real or are you bullshitting?...power to you, Sarah:)...

    Hope everything is going well:)...I'll check in later:)...

    Ben

  2. Blogger Rugger 

    Hmm, watching Se7en in the middle of the night, that's got to be a priceless experience. Almost as good as watching The Village and having to do a paper route the next morning and almost being attacked my rabid racoon's on prowl. Oh yes, priceless.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3