No Sense Of Humor


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Some people in my office either have terribly guilty conciences or do not know how to laugh, or BOTH.

I have been informed that my notes for office machinery are "mean and nasty" and "completely unecessary." These, by the very people whom they were intended for.




There will come a day when they will be grateful to say they read MY OFFICE NOTES.


3 Responses to “No Sense Of Humor”

  1. Blogger QOS 

    obsessive-compulsive ex co-worker used to put up bathroom door signs.

    "PLEASE lock the door"
    "REMEMBER to flush the toilet"

    weird.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    If the notes you are putting up are identical to the ones that you have posted on here... then, yes, they are absolutely mean and nasty. And very unprofessional. If someone had posted a note like that at most of the places I have worked it would be a tick against them toward being fired. A simple "Please pick up paper towels that miss the trash" or even one that we had at a place I worked at, a large red target with the words "Miss? Try again!" Yes people who don't pick up after themselves are annoying. But you shouldn't jeopardize your working relationship with them because of it. Write out notes like the ones you have posted, have a good laugh, even send them to your sisters or something, and then delete it and post something appropriate.

  3. Blogger Porkchop 

    While I appreciate you advice, the owner of our company actually greatly appreciates the writing of the aforementioned notes, hence the reason a second one was written. So, I suppose now I could say it is in my job description.

    They will have to learn to deal with it.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3