One of the Few, the Proud, the Chosen


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Airelee nominated me to do that charming little blog equivalent of a chain letter. And, since I am never one to rock the boat, I shall carry on. This list, is as follows.

If I could be a scientist...
If I could be a farmer...
If I could be a musician...
If I could be a doctor...
If I could be a painter...

If I could be a gardener...
If I could be a missionary...
If I could be a chef...
If I could be an architect...
If I could be a linguist...
If I could be a psychologist...
If I could be a librarian...
If I could be an athlete...
If I could be a lawyer...
If I could be an innkeeper...
If I could be a professor...
If I could be a writer...
If I could be a backup dancer...
If I could be a llama-rider...
If I could be a bonnie pirate...
If I could be a midget stripper...
If I could be a proctologist...
If I could be a TV-Chat Show host...
If I could be a Lapidary...
If I could be President of Ansi...
If I could be an Archeologist...
If I could be Amish...

If I could be a painter... I would start this fabulous art trend, which involved rolling your body in paint and various paintable textiles and then hurling your body against a canvas. Creating hideously ugly and useless life-sized paintings. They would be all the rage, very valuable, completely brilliant and I would remembered as the modern Picasso.

If I could be Amish... I would use those deceptively innocent children to farm my fields of marijuana. Who would ever suspect? I would it grow in between my rows of vegetables and it would be completely innocuous. All the money I made (peddling my special blend in the rural hills of PA) I would use to pimp my buggy out. It would be sweet. (I might want to first research if women are allowed to own their own buggies. I know for a fact women's lib isn't looked to kindly on there...) If I was caught, I would say I was growing it for medical reasons: giving a little relief to my twenty-seven dying aunts and uncles and to hook my thirty-three children at a early age into slave labor on The Farm.

If I could be a psychologist... I would be incredibly renowned. The patients would not be allowed to talk. I would be given an hour a week to tell them how selfish/screwed up/irritating they were. They would then be ordered to volunteer three years of their life to a worthy cause. And to stop being such sniveling asses.

If I could be a llama-rider... I would ride across America. Funding my journey by occasionally shaving the llama and selling it's wool. I would also do llama riding tricks. And if THAT wasn't lucrative, we would be a llama/trainer stripping team.

If I could be a doctor... I would be a plastic surgeon. And I would perform surgery on people I thought were worthy, only to have secretly given them fat implants. I would make fat the new skinny.


I nominate Queen-Of-Slackers, Sandy and Joy. No one is going to make you, but just think about your little children hooked on marijuana. And then say no. Do it. I dare you.


0 Responses to “One of the Few, the Proud, the Chosen”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3