Which Is Worse?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Telling a guy off or completely ceasing communication?

Someone recently asked me this and because I am just supposed to know these things, I thought I would ask the fount of all wisdom:

Obviously, everyone but me.

You know, a guy is interested, you don't like him and he isn't getting the hints. You try to be a little more obvious, but it has reached a breaking point, so, which is worse? The telling him off? The dropping off the face of the earth act?

Now, when I say Tell Him Off. I mean it. Like ripping into him and listing every single thing that irritates you. You call too much. You whine. You act as if I am your mother/girlfriend/therapist.You call him a chavanist/pig/ass. You basically break up with him without ever having gone out with him.

As for the ceasing communication, not just the purposefully missed calls and carefully timed voicemails in return, but a complete silence. No emails. No phone calls. No texts. No IM's. The denial that you ever existed. The proverbial Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind treatment.


So. Share. Please. I would like to be able to add this scrap of knowledge to my ever-expanding portfolio.


2 Responses to “Which Is Worse?”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    You know, I'm currently in the same sitatuon but I can't do either of those options.

    A) Dropping off the face of the planet would fail, since he is in my lectures.

    B) Telling him off would fail because I have to work with this guy, so I may as well keep the peace for my own benefit.

    I suppose it would depend on how clueless he was, what situation you were in and how much longer you could tolerate his attempts to contact you when you play the "extinct" card. Plus, sometimes yelling can be fun (and funny for those watching).

  2. Blogger QOS 

    uh-huh. if it's someone you have to see every day, neither really works too well. . .

    i'm a nice enough person that for his sake i turned myself into a see-saw. he decided i was too confusing and high maintenance for him and went back to the girlfriend he dumped.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3