Why Must I Care?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I have been cursed with the (occasional) desire to know what people think. Not always. Not all subjects. But paticularly with issues as shallow as my looks. Most specifically, my haircolor.

There are two schools of thought. Well, two main schools of thought. The blondes versus the brunettes.

Those who lobby for my childhood color contend that it makes me look thinner. As well as sweeter and younger. Those who campaign for the brunette argue that it makes my eyes stand out and that I look gorgeous.

There are drawback to both. As a blond, I am instantly stereotyped. Blond hair, check! Big boobs, check! IQ below 40, check! As a brunette, I am thought to be more intelligent, but alloof.

What angers me most is the fact that I care! Why can't I just pick a haircolor and GO with it?! I've been brunette for the past few years and I thought it might be nice to go blonde for awhile. As we know, that hasn't started out well. That and the staunch brunette defenders are making me question the entire process.

Why can't I be secure enough in myself to not care? Why can't I just grow a backbone and pick a damn color and be happy with it? WHY DO I TAKE THIS SO PERSONALLY?

I think I'll shave my head. And wear wigs. Then everyone can be happy.


7 Responses to “Why Must I Care?”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    darling -

    that might actually be better than constantly whining to your friends about the fact that you have no clue what to do with yours.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Wow - please don't shave your head? I mean, look at Natalie Portman - the girl is obsessed with the shaved head and she looks UGLY.

    Any color is fine - just leave the hair. :-)

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    interesting. someone told me just yesterday that I should go for the Natalie Portman 'do. As in, the one on the cover of this month's Vogue.

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    You have to have the face for short hair because not everyone can rock it and look proper.

    I have to say that the puke princess could for sure look proper.

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Red. Bright flaming red.

    Everyone would know to stay away from your temper and leave you in peace!

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Pink! Remember pink? That was awesome, you were so punk-awesome! Also, it totally pwns the other two schools of thought!

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    JUST GO RED!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3