I Am A Very Bad Person As Defined By My Lack Of Updating


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I occasionally have funny little scraps of life I want to share with my blog (I say blog instead of readers because, seriously, who reads this anymore?) but by the time I get home from work my mind is completely devoid of all but a few commands. Food, sleep, getoutofsuit.

Life is blithering along. Work, work, work, family, work. Tonight while driving home from work I thought "I'm glad I live with my sister. If I didn't, I would work all the time." Seriously. I would probably go in on my day off and always stay late. I don't. Simply because I know she's home waiting for me for us to share tidbits of our day. I find myself very easily sucked into the energy vacuum called work in the dilusion I am needed and potentially wanted. Hah! What a farce.

Tonight we had Le Grandparents over. Such a cute little jolly couple they are. Poor Grandmama nearly killed herself trying to get up our rather steep stairs. Grandpapa said something that stuck in my mind "Everyone needs life. They need to live it." While this may sound overly simplistic, this was his response when we asked him why he didn't run away from home. Away from his emotionally and physically abusive home. Away from a father who didn't have the wherewithal to clothe or feed his ten children.

Everyone needs life.

I'm trying.


4 Responses to “I Am A Very Bad Person As Defined By My Lack Of Updating”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I heard one the other day:
    "When you look into the mirror, do you see a human BEING, or a human DOING? Get out and live your life, instead of just existing."

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    yay for empowering quotes!

    here's mine "making a living is very different from making a life".

    trite, but applicable.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    My inspiring quote for you...

    "If life deals you lemons, why not go kill someone with the lemons (maybe by shoving them down his throat)."

    "Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don't know what your rights are, or who the person is you're talking to. Then on the way out, slam the door."

    I heart Jack Handey.

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    For the record, Ms. PC, I am still reading. So, I guess you have 1 reader.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3