oh magnify the lord with me


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



do you ever have those visits with friends where you just feel--edified?

i spent this past weekend in the lovely south. with the most lovely katy~*. in a moment of sheer overabition i promised to make her wedding cake. i flew down to do sample cakes. a southern pound cake with a peach filling and cream frosting as well as a tiramisu cake which i had never made. ahaha. i packed the cake layers in my suitcase. as well as the peach filling, which leaked, and left me smelling vaguely jam-y for the rest of the weekend. barely made my flight. but spent the rest of the glorious weekend meeting katy's adorable and hilarious family. talking of weddings. speaking of happiness, life, dreams, clothes. being with katy challenged me. she everything i'm not. six feet tall and a size four. detail oriented. quietly patient. artistic. funky. i'm short. curvy. big picture. loud. the two of us made quite a pair. not just trying on clothes (which was insanely hilarious) but i left feeling so challenged. i need to be more detail oriented. i need to appreciate small things. i need to be able to praise people in their individuality.

it's amazing when you have someone like that. you can pour everything forth, and yet feel filled.


3 Responses to “oh magnify the lord with me”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    i adore katy~* ... she's a breath of fresh air. makes me want to be a better person but doesn't make me feel guilty or insignificant about how i already am. meh? are you going to her wedding, then? cuz i think that i am going to, since it's in b-ham and my little sister lives there now. so maybe i shall see you in march? t'woud be fabulous!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Seriously, who doesn't love katy~*? I'm not saying this in the omg-most-popular girl sense. Nobody hates her. Ever.

    Let's all go! It'll be the wedding of the year.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    did you take pictures?! (how could you not?!)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3