My IQ Was Plummeting


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Yesterday, after driving two hours to The Agency, I was informed they only needed my help for an hour and a half.

I was ticked.

Rather than spend the rest of the day aimlessly wandering around upper Delaware, I dragged myself home and invested in a few good hours of sleep.

Then, I was off to the beauty pageant to watch Pageant Barbie give away her 2004 title.

Two beauty events in one day. I would like to say it didn't effect me, but, I must be dreadfully honest and admit one model/blonde moment I had yesterday.

In the TWO HOUR drive up to the agency, I was happily driving along, talking on my phone and eating my breakfast. (Very bad of me I know, I actually ATE!) When I drive, I tend to forget that people can actually see in my car and see ME. Singing, eating, or whatever else I feel so led of God at the moment to do.

As I was eating my most delicious breakfast, I realized I had NO NAPKINS in the car. None. Zilch. Nada.

Not wanting to get my sticky fingers on my clothes/upholstry/hair I was carefully licking them. Disgusting, I know, but please bear in mind that I was completely forgetful that people can see in my car. Until, I glanced over in the left lane to see that my finger-licking was to the delight of a TRUCKFUL of construction workers. Not just one, or two, but what seemed like fifty. Demonstrating their enjoyment, nonetheless, by making obscene gestures.


It was a long two hour drive.


0 Responses to “My IQ Was Plummeting”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3