Retail Therapy


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This weekend, I invested my time wisely in a little retail therapy. I DID need clothes and managed to get a few cute pieces without giving myself a guilt complex for a month.

As I was shopping, I was reminded that I need new perfume. While this might not seem so difficult, perfume buying is a incredibly involved experience for me. Namely, because most perfumes, once I wear them, do not smell anything like their origional state in the bottle. Hence, I can only try one perfume on at a time. This can, and has, dragged perfume buying out for weeks.

Besides, I cannot wear anything super-flowery or super-girly they all tend to gravitate towards the smell of baby powder once I put them on. There is more to it than the perfume smelling good on you, it is about the image you are portraying. Since smell is the sense most closely related to memory, the choice of your perfume is of grave importance. I would prefer not to be remembered as a cheap hooker, but, that is only MY preference.

So, right now, I am debating between a mere seven perfumes and am completely at my wits end as a decision is concerned.



Why, oh why, does life have to be so hard?


1 Responses to “Retail Therapy”

  1. Blogger Jon 

    why not just save money and time, and use baby power?

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3