The Blue Line Shuttle Will Be Departing Shortly. Please Keep Your Hands In The Windows And Your Feet On The Floor.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I really think I should start announcing this everytime I pull out onto the road. I have become the local shuttle for (thankfully) inanimate objects. Sisters give me this to take here... mother gives me that to take there... father wants me to drop this off...

Thanks to there diligent efforts, my once clean car (CAR, not truck. Not farm truck for hauling half the world) now contains:
  • A bottle of bleach
  • A bucket of Timet. (That would be deadly rat poison that can kill people if they breathe it. Yes. It is sitting, open, in my car.)
  • A flowered shoe organizer
  • A vaccume cleaner (which enjoys slithering about and beating against the doors.)
  • A cardboard box large enough to house a family of four
  • A huge basket of nail polishes and facial exfoliators
  • A extra tote bag, with one black high heel in it
  • Two tires, neatly sitting on my seat, with extra hubcaps

Please be considerate of your fellow passengers and do not vomit as we quickly turn corners, weave through traffic and skid through red lights.


0 Responses to “The Blue Line Shuttle Will Be Departing Shortly. Please Keep Your Hands In The Windows And Your Feet On The Floor.”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3