Sticking It To The Man


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I used to do it loudly and with pride. Now I have to be a bit more subtle. Like letting my vintage orange and brown argyle socks peek out from my the edge of my trousers.

My boss noticed. I told him I was sticking it to the man. He didn't know what that meant.

If you don't know who the man is, you must be the man? I think not. That just means your an idiot. Used and abused by the man.

Or just an idiot.


4 Responses to “Sticking It To The Man”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Your writing is brilliant and SO witty. You're a very talented writer. Keep up the good work- and keep making me laugh outloud!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Get free brewed coffee during "Starbucks Coffee Break" on March 15 from 10 a.m. to noon
    A Starbucks press release says: "Starbucks will host its first-ever Starbucks Coffee Break, inviting customers across the country to enjoy a complimentary cup of freshly brewed coffee. In stores and on street corners, from insulated brewing equipment and giant coffee backpacks, partners (employees) will pour tall (12-ounce) cups of coffee to surprise customers and delight commuters. (Starbucks press release)

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    If I was an axe murderer, you would *so* be my first victim! You're just so witty!

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I vote for idjit

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3