To Join or Not To Join?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Last night I went to the Navy and the Air Force recruiting stations, it was a near traumatzing experience. I had the be weighed!! Do you have any idea how much I hate that? The good news was I have lost three pounds since I was last weighed. Anyway.

As much as I want to serve my country, and as much as knowing exactly what I could be doing for the next four or five years, I don't think joining the military is in my best interests. Frankly, I think it would be comprimising my potential.

And while that sounds very concieted and proud, I honestly think if I joined than it would be the easy way out for me. Instead, I need to walk by faith and let the Lord guide my direction and my steps.

So, now I need to find another way to serve my country. Because it is my honest belief that everyone should serve their country is some way. Something that delibrately shows they are proud to be a citizen of the United States!

What I think is truely sad is to see the young people of today that have absolutely no comprehension of what has been sacrficed for the freedoms we enjoy. Young people that mock the service of their peers to their country. Young people who are using, and at times abusing, the blood-bought independance of America. Young people who have no respect for the flag, the national anthem, or veterans.

I know I sound like a old fogey, but it almost makes me cry to see veteran's who saw the atrocities of war that are disregarded as broken old people. If you ever, EVER see a veteran, please thank them. It is amazing to see their response, often they tear up, but always they say how grateful they are to see someone who will simply express thanks. Where is the awe and respect for people who put their lives in the line of danger so we can continue to enjoy our way of life?

I could go on for a very long time, but my arguements this morning are not clear-cut or well-defined.

But, if anyone DOES have any ideas how to better serve my country, letme know.


0 Responses to “To Join or Not To Join?”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3