Drama Queen


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I am, by my very nature of being raised, a drama queen. I am rather ashamed to admit that, because I personally hate being around drama queens. I might be one, but that doesn't mean I like it.

Actually, I try very, very hard not to be one. Every now and then those dreadful little tendancies tend to slip out, at the worst of times. Maybe it's because I like dealing with crises, maybe it's because I am used to dealing with them. Maybe being the youngest of four girls, it was trained into me. There are allot of maybe's. But on any account, I have gotten to the point where I have had my full share of drama and do not need to create any more.

The real problem with being a drama queen, is it hurts people. Plain and simple. I am now making ammends for situations I could have handled in a more delicate manner. And now, thought at the time I wasn't, I am very sorry for hurting the people that were exploited in my quest for dramatics. Sad, isn't it? I think what is even sadder, is that it took me so long to realize it. It wasn't that I was \trying to use them, in fact, sometimes it was quite true, it is just that I exaggerated and made it plenty more hurtful than it had to be.

Alas! The lessons we learn as we look back...


0 Responses to “Drama Queen”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3