Damned Emotions


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Times like tonight, I really hate having emotions.

I am feeling rather sad and lonely, the idea of regretting my brilliant idea of being free and single has definately flitted through my mind more than once. But honestly, I am TIRED of being sad and single. I know they don't necessarily walk hand in hand, but these nights wehre you have simply had a bad day, and miss the companionship of a guy, really make singleness seem like it is truely terrible.

I honestly think the Lord is trying to see if I meant what I said when I didn't want a relationship. If I really wanted to draw closer to Him through my lonliness. I do. Because in review, I haven't had the greatest sucess in relationships and I do not want to keep putting myself through that until I am completely sufficient on the Lord. I am beginning to actually understand in a very real way, that I will never be satisfied until my relationship with God is complete. Otherwise, their will always be that nagging, gnawing hunger for more.

I find emotions so amazing, volitale, but amazing. Time like tonight, when I simply wish I had none, I remind myself that if I did not have emotions I could not experience such as the euphoric adrenaline rush of victory, the sweet and gentle realization that you are loved in a special way or even the bitter pain of knowing that you CAN still feel, even if it is the pain of a broken heart.

I am, for once, at a loss for words. The intricate way God has created our hearts to desire Him, aching that is intrinsically written on our hearts taht will not be sated until that God-shaped hole is filled. That is incredible!


Zeke came over tonight and it was slightly weird. But whatever. I'm not going to be the one to say anything.

Dad made a comment tonight that really took me aback, he said that I always complain about all my jobs, no matter where I work, I always find it annoying. How horrifying! I must remind myself constantly that I have to be more positive and uplifting.

In fact, at work tomorrow I am going to find two good things about everyone there and make a post. Even if it would be more amusing to post deragatory descriptions about them.

Interesting isn't it, because my heart is SO wicked, if I do not constantly guard myself, I become so very negative. Very sad.


0 Responses to “Damned Emotions”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3