Angsty


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Is that even a word? I think that is Dad's version of angst, but I am not quite sure.

He and I had a nice little chat yesterday, and I realized just how selfish I have been being towards the family lately.

Poor Mom and Dad have been pouring their hearts into making the family work and I am always grousing about something! Not only is that counterproductive, but exactly what I accuse and condemn other people my age for doing. So, in relation as well to my other post, here is things I am grateful for about each family member.

Dad-He has been making a hugely concious effort, of late, to make our family feel like, well a family it hasn't been easy for him, but he has been very diligent in this effort. And, he is paying for my college! That is... amazing. I will still be working on getting scholarships, but the fact that he is so adament about me graduating with no student debt makes me very, very appreciative.

Mom- Can you imagine being in charge of 300+ munchkins, six children, two houses, two dogs and one husband? She does so, and does it cheerfully, almost making it look easy. She proffers advice only when asked and outdoes herself in trying to be super-mom. She has even gone as far as initiating herself into the family by backing her car into a pole,in true style of our family.

Laura- Sanguine doesn't even begine to describe Laura. Laura tries her absolute best to always make everything more fun for, well, everyone. She coins cute and at times, rather annoying, nicknames for everyone. She tries to be upbeat when I insist on being a pesamist. If she were a china doll, she would have a polka-dotted bow planted firmly in the middle of her head.

Joy- It amazes me how in-sync Joy and I can be, and then how we will completely clash. But, in any account, Joy absolutely goes out of her way to be a nice sister. She tries to do "sisterly" things, she calls me a leaves sweet voicemails and even lets me wear her jeans when I am good. Joy tries so hard to be a nice sister it almost makes me cry, but not quite.

Fred- To Fred, I am a unsolved mystery. Right up there with the uterus, shoe fetishes and why women go to the bathroom together. But he valiently tries, on occasion, to understand me. Granted, when he askes "so why aren't you in a bad mood?" it doesn't help, but try he does. Even when I nag, shout, and am generally evil. He will one day be famous and he's already brilliant.

Zach- Smiles sweetly when he knows I am trying to be a good sister. He also puts up with my corny jokes, my bad taste in movies and even cracks a smile when I sit on him.


Life is good, but only because I am surrounded by wonderful people. And it's not the people I work with, trust me.


0 Responses to “Angsty”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3