Comebacks


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I must say, working at BesTemps is rather depressing, it's as close as you can get to working in the unemployment office without actually working there.

Anyway, yesterday, I was sitting here at the front desk, filing my heaps of paper and generally being busy. There was this slimy guy, "helping" his friend fill out a application (it took him forever!) and he was eyeing me. I knew he was going to ask me for my number or whatever, so I had quite a bit of time to come up with a snappy comeback.

So, he finially musters up the courage:
"So, do you have a boyfriend or summin?"

"Erm, NO. I don't date"

"Why the hell not?"

"Because, I can think of three thousand, one hundred and seven things I would rather do than spend a evening with a guy staring at me."

"Oh. Does that mean I can't get your number?"

At that point, I just glared.



Last night, Jared called me, and it was nice for the first time to actually be able just to chat with him and not feel bitter or upset. It was nice to just catch up. And I apoligized for the way I handled things between him and Zeke. Citing that I could have handled it in a more delicate fashion and, well, in essence, not been such I drama queen.

Of course, Joy wante to know if I had sworn I would never go out with him again. As I told him, "I try not to make the same mistake twice."


I hope today goes by quickly, because it hasn't started too well. Spilling shrimp juice on my shirt, someone dumping my lunch on the ground, hanging up on numeroous peple and forgetting to give messages. And it's only nine.


0 Responses to “Comebacks”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3