Real Women Drive Trucks


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



That is what the bumper sticker read of a truck I passed who's driver was a rather, um, shall we say, curvy female. And perhaps, it explains the strange phenominon of the whistles, horns, catcalls and engine revving I get everytime I drive a truck.

I had to haul several large items to the Goodwill after cleaning out my room. So, I hopped into the truck, four-inch heels, pencil skirt and all. As if this were not interesting enough, apparently I missed a session in The Lessons Of Seduction 101. EVERY SINGLE TIME I apply lipstick in the car it garners some of the most lewd reactions. So, I was a truck-driving, lipstick wearing, real woman.



Can I get a degree in that?


6 Responses to “Real Women Drive Trucks”

  1. Blogger Porkchop 

    Paul. I would like to point out that I am very skilled in the makeup application department and do not have to use a mirror.

    So. My eyes remain on the road just as much as if I were driving normally. (Which isn't all that much, I must admit.)

  2. Blogger QOS 

    i apply most of my makeup while driving and have NEVER had an accident as a result.

  3. Blogger Robin 

    Any chick worth her salt doesn't really need the mirror to apply most types of cosmetics. Men don't know anything!

  4. Blogger Walker 

    Lets see men eat , drink , talk on the cell , dig under th seat for that CD they dropped.Some men even let go the steering wheel turn around in the seat to look out the back window to get another look at the hottie they just passed and if they were men that wore make up ( not me in particular unless it came of the GF lips ) they'd do that too . So keep lookin good and keep on truckin .

  5. Blogger Life is better blonde 

    I would be happy to try and find you the one I saw last week..."silly boys, trucks are for girls";)

  6. Blogger Porkchop 

    Just for the record: I AM NOT THE TRUCK DRIVING TYPE.

    More, the being chauffered around type.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


This odd narrative is my life. I ended up in Pittsburgh, of all places--from the beach. I have no hobbies, other than cooking excessively and eating microwave popcorn. I enjoy shopping, the Food network, hiding the remote so the Food network cannot be turned off, find ethnic food stores and restaurants and reading voraciously. My life is decidedly pedestrian.


I worked in the car business where I was required to be ruthless and soul-less wench, which is when I started this project. Since then, I've kept it up because secretly, I've always wanted to join the military. Every male in my mother's family has joined and I quietly entertain thoughts of joining. I haven't yet and don't know if I ever will, but sending the troops cookies keeps me sane. it makes me think I still have a shred of human kindness left in my withering soul. it's a small way for me to salute the men and women who are brave enough to fight for freedom. And makes me feel like I'm contributing toward troop morale--even if I'm not. So if you want to help, send me addresses of troops you know stationed overseas. you may also contribute toward the cost of chocolate chips, but don't feel obligated, that link is here only by request.


the past

archives


ATOM 0.3